Wednesday, September 7, 2016

FALL 2016 CAPSULE WARDROBE: PART FOUR AKA THE FINALE!

No comments:
 
New Job Look 1




    Hello everybody! The day has finally arrived! This is the final installment of the four-part Fall 2016 Capsule Wardrobe series. My main goal was to show you how I do the process by hand, so going forward, when I'm discussing these elements, they will make a bit more sense.


    Usually I start off with the image of the handwritten list and then type the entire list out since the image is so bad (I will be working out having better lighting to show it off). However, for the sake of being visually appealing, I have typed the list. Another reason for this change is because a couple pieces were added and replaced after handwriting the list.

    Now, if you've been following the Capsule Wardrobe Planner by Caroline from Un-Fancy*, you may be wondering why I haven't talked about my shopping list and clothing budget. I actually already shopped for the items and didn't have an actual list. I intend to think about that more for future seasons. I will actually notate the items that are new in bold if that would help.

    I also need to address the elephant in the room before it appears. My capsule contains 71 items. To most minimalists, that is way over the 33-37 recommended. However, for someone who used to have hundreds of pieces in their closet and studded into dressers and under bed storage, this is a huge improvement. I also plan on minimizing this list by the end of Winter. I have been using the backwards hanger theory to either make sure I wear items or help me weed out bad ones. I can do a separate post or Youtube video for when I do my clear out for Winter before the Spring season.


Without further delay, here is my Fall 2016 Capsule Wardrobe!

PLEASE NOTE: The visual collage of items are not the actual items I own, but are pretty damn close in appearance to what I own. The written list of items are the names and brands of the items I actually own and what the images in the collage represent in my closet.


CLOTHES

Fall 2016 Capsule Wardrobe Part 1



SMART JACKETS/CARDIS


  1. Black Le Suit Blazer
  2. Black New Look via ASOS Longline Vest
  3. Black Peter Nygard via Dillard's Duster Cardigan
  4. White/Black Antonio Melani via Dillard's Striped Blazer
LIGHTWEIGHT JACKETS
  1. Black/White Antonio Melani via Dillard's Tweed Jacket
  2. Burgundy Cotton On Varsity/Bomber Jacket
  3. Olive Green LOFT Utility Jacket
  4. Blue Wash Forever 21+ Denim Jacket
EASY DRESSES
  1. Black Covington via Sears Midi Dress
  2. Black Cotton On T-shirt Dress
  3. Magenta Alex Marie via Dillard's Fit & Flare Dress
  4. White/Black Wish Striped Shirtdress
  5. White Rainbow T-Shirt Dress
SOFT T-SHIRTS
  1. Black New Look via ASOS T-shirt
  2. Black Rainbow V-neck T-shirt
  3. Grey/White Eileen Fisher via Dillard's Ringer Tee
  4. Royal Blue Printed Rainbow Dashiki Top
  5. White Old Navy Short Sleeve Quilted Top
  6. White Gap Jersey T-Shirt
  7. White H&M Cotton T-shirt
BUTTON FRONT SHIRTS
  1. Black H&M Leather Collar Blouse
  2. Black/White Michael Kors Plaid Shirt
  3. Red H&M Plaid Shirt
  4. Blue Wash GSLOVESME Denim Shirt
  5. Purple Ross 3/4 Sleeve Knit Blouse
  6. White Peter Nygard via Dillard's Tie Front Blouse
FEMININE BLOUSES/BODYSUITS
  1. Black Wet Seal Lace Bell-Sleeve Bodysuit
  2. Black Boohoo T-shirt Bodysuit
  3. Black Vintage Sheer 3/4 Sleeve Blouse
  4. Burgundy Rue 21 Twisted Keyhole Bodysuit
  5. White Boohoo T-shirt Bodysuit
SKINNY PANTS/JEANS AND ANKLE PANTS
  1. Black Intro via Dillard's Jegging Pants
  2. Black Rainbow Leather Pants
  3. Black H&M Skinny Jeans
  4. Light Wash Ross Skinny Jeans
  5. Blue Wash GSLOVESME Skinny Jeans
  6. Dark Wash NYDJ Skinny JeanS
  7. Black/White ASOS Jogger Pants
MID-THIGH SHORTS
  1. Light Wash Old Navy Jean Shorts
  2. Blue Wash Chelsea & Violet via Dillard's Cut Off Jean Shorts
  3. Dark Wash Old Navy Destroyed Jean Shorts
PENCIL/FLARE SKIRTS
  1. Black Forever 21 Ribbed Skirt
  2. Black Wet Seal Skater Skirt
  3. Black Boohoo Leather Skirt
  4. Blue Wash New Look via ASOS Denim Skirt
  5. Leopard Print Vince Camuto via Dillard's Skirt
  6. White/Black Metaphor via Sears Printed Skirt



SHOES/BAGS
Fall 2016 Capsule Wardrobe Part 2
STATEMENT SHOES

  1. Black Sears Lace-Up Booties
  2. Black Bandolino Open Front Booties
  3. Black Citi-Trends Lace Up Flats
  4. Red Calvin Klein Ankle Strap Pumps
  5. Leopard Print Lucky Brand Flats
  6. Tan Banana Republic Lace Up Sandals
MINIMALIST HEELS
  1. Black Marc Fisher Pumps
  2. Black Calvin Klein Snakeskin Ankle Strap Sandals
  3. Nude Banana Republic Pumps
  4. Tan Gianni Bini Ankle Strap Sandals
LOW TOP SNEAKERS
  1. Black Converse Sneakers
  2. White Gap Slip On Sneakers
ANKLE BOOTS
  1. Black JCPenney Ankle Boots
  2. Leopard Print Old Navy Ankle Boots
LOAFERS
  1. Black Shoe Cult Loafers
  2. Leopard Print UNIF Loafers
DESIGNER/INSPIRED BAGS/CLUTCHES
  1. Black Michael Kors Susanna Large Chain Strap Tote
  2. Black Liz Claiborne Bucket Bag
  3. Black Rainbow Quilted Crossbody Mini Purse
  4. Red Michael Kors Bedford Large Buckle Tote
  5. Burgundy Vinage Clutch
  6. Fuchsia Chanel Wallet On Chain Purse
  7. Tan Michael Kors Hamilton Tote Bag
  8. Tan Forever 21 Crossbody Mini Purse
WOOOOO!!!!! This is a pretty extensive list but again, this is a fresh start for me. I am so excited for this journey and can't wait to share how far I will have come. 

Check back through this Fall season as I bring up topics like mixing trends with your capsule, styling basics for the season, and much more. I am waiting to get the right set up and I will be able to film videos for Youtube.

Thank you for sticking around for this series and check back later this week for more capsule worthy content.


Peace, Love, and Happiness!

Sarah Jane R.




P.S. Follow Me On My Social Media Links At The Top Of The Page :)

* The Capsule Wardrobe Planner used in this series is developed from the planner created by Caroline of Un-Fancy. Check out her blog by clicking on the blog name or for just the organizer, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff