Monday, September 21, 2009

You Betta Work Honey!!! NY Fashion Week S/S 2010 Part 1

No comments:
 

So, this post is a different one, because this is a post about my favorite designers from New York Fashion Week. I know I'm very late on this, but I've been stressed with homework so bear with me here. This is S/S 10 Part 1 of "You Betta Work Honey!!!", the title for my posts about the different fashion weeks. So, first up is a true favorite of mine....BCBG MAXAZRIA!!!!
 
So, this season, Maz Azria blew me away with the bold prints and ruched designs he created. I mean, the splashes of purple, blue, pink, and green, and the amazing water color prints, just drew me in and made me fall in love all over again. The sheer fabrichs, jersey material, and embellishment help add sexiness to pieces that without would still be great pieces, but would not have the extra "umph" that Azria gives us each year. I must have the purple dress, even though with my lovehandles would not be practical, hehe.

More from his collection:


 

  

Diane Von Furstenberg

 

You cannot talk about fashion without the legendary Diane von Furstenberg. She has been in this industry since 1970, beginning her career with the most amazing piece of clothing, the wrap dress. I cannot tell you how badly I want to own a DVF wrap dress before I die, or at least so I can pass it down to my daughter. Her collection this season was, as always, spectacular. The colors, the shapes, it all coordinated so effortlessly. She fused shimmer and metallics, bold colors, and ethnic prints into pieces that worn separately can dress up any outfit. I especially love the mixed animal print dress. I kinda think it suits me :) Amazing collection.

More from this designer:


 


Herve Leger by Max Azria

 

Herve Leger is the line that solidified the "bandage/body-conscious/body-con" dress, making my life very hard considering I have too much fat in my stomach area for those dresses. However, that didn't stop me from buying a couple dresses that were more fitted, and making me realize that with the right undergarments, I can work that thang right hehe. But in all seriousness, Maz Azria put his foot in this line. I mean, the clean lines, the bold prints, and that denim dress is pure art at it's best. Maz Azria also infused a SHOCK! full skirt option in his line for Herve Leger. Again, the trend of mixing neutrals such as black, white, and beige with bold prints and colors, as well as varying textures plays it's role in this collection as well. I also see hints of rock and roll infused with some stud details on a few items. Great collection!


More from this designer:

 


More coming soon, watch for Part Two of my New York Fashion Week Favorite Designers :) C-ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff