Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings

No comments:
 
 
Wet Seal Open Tux Vest, Wet Seal Swirl Print Tunic, Worthington High Waist Trousers, Maripe Peep Toe Heels, Wal-Mart Hoops, Rainbow Heart Necklace, Goodwill Bangles, Wal-Mart Watch


So, tonight I attended a poetry showcase featuring HBO Def Jam Poet Georgia Me, with my good friend Taveesha opening the show for her. I decided to go classy with the ensemble, wearing some of my new finds. I got a chance to briefly speak with Georgia Me and she's such a sweetheart. She is an amazing poet, with real and raw talent. Please go check her out, her work is crazy! I also got to hear her friend Nicole Love sing, and she too is an amazing talent. Go check her out as well!


I heard from an old friend today. W e had fallen out over something that I did, and I was surprised she even text me today. She informed me that she may have breast cancer, but they haven't determined it yet. She's only 18, and I ask that whatever your spiritual beliefs to please pray for her. She is feeling down and out and even though I hurt her, I never meant to and she has always been in my prayers. I would never wish anything like this upon anyone. I am going to stay positive, because she is a fighter. I'm sure everything will be ok. It just shows that life is too short to waste time worried about wars. Tomorrow is never promised.


On a lighter note, I have finally finished reviewing New York Fashion Week, and I will be posting a new update today. Be on the lookout for that. Also, a good friend of mine Rochelle has this amazing You Tube channel featuring tutorials on how to wear natural hair (for those African Americans/Mixed Americans that have resisted the relaxer) Even if you don't have black hair, she also has beauty tips. Check her out here! Shout out to Georgia Me for being an inspiration to all women who want to pursue their dreams, and not letting finances get in the way of that. I'm going to end this with the three videos I took of her reciting the following poems: "Full Figure Potential", "I'd Rather Be A Living Hoe Than A Dead Good Girl", and "NigGODS"










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff