Monday, September 5, 2016

FALL 2016 CAPSULE WARDROBE: PART THREE

No comments:
 

Hola/Hello! Happy Labor Day! Hope everyone had a great week and weekend so far. Mine has consisted of voting, hurricanes, flooding, work, and a little love life action. But I digress.

     Today is Part 3 of a four-part series for my Fall 2016 Capsule Wardrobe. If you're wondering how I started, I will link all of the parts at the bottom of this post.  The sections that we will be discussing today are my go-to pieces and go-to outfits.

     One of the benefits to a capsule wardrobe is that it allows you to really see what kind of pieces you go for. So many blogs and websites tell you to own a black skirt, but not everyone loves the same black pencil skirt. Some like a full skirt, maybe a-line, even maxi skirts are there for the picking. Every woman may own a black skirt, but your personal style determines what kind is essential to you.

     Once you know your go-to pieces, you can then think of easy outfit formulas that make you feel amazing and reflect your style. By having these formulas, when you're in a rush and are unsure of what to wear, you can look to the formulas and save so much time by not over-thinking it. Not to mention, it's great to see how your go-to pieces can work together and create a multitude of outfits. One thing to remember is that you can intermix your go-to pieces beyond the formulas created. They only serve as a base to support you when you're unsure of what to wear.

Below is a list of my go-to pieces for Fall and formulas I have created from them.*


GO-TO PIECES: When it comes to my go-to pieces, I find that I need versatility from work to chill days. Though my work wardrobe has become much more casual, I still like to have a tailored or formal undertone to them. I find that I gravitate to a blend of structured pieces as well as breezy ones. My go-to items include

GO-TO OUTFITS: Figuring out my go-to outfits was a breeze once I figured out which formulas served which purposes. The first three formulas listed are for work, since I spend most of my time working. My fourth and sixth formula are for special occasions/date nights/events. The fifth formula is my weekend attire, which will pretty much be the same unless it is cold (which means I would switch to jeans/pants). Below is a clear list of my outfit formulas:

1) Button Front Shirt + Skinny Jeans/Pants + Minimalist Heels/Loafers

2) Lightweight Jacket/Cardi + Easy Dress + Ankle Boots

3) Smart Jacket + Soft T-Shirt + Ankle Pants/Skinny Pants + Loafers

4) Feminine Blouse/Top + Pencil Skirt + Minimalist Heels/Statement Shoes

5) Soft T-Shirt + Mid-Thigh Shorts + Low-Top Sneakers

6) Smart Jacket + Soft T-Shirt + Mid-Thigh Shorts + Statement Shoes/Minimalist Heels

     We are almost to the end of the series! Check back tomorrow for the last installment of the Fall 2016 Capsule Wardrobe series which will feature the final items chosen for my capsule. If you want to check out Part 1 and 2, they are linked below. Feel free to comment below if you have any questions about the capsule wardrobe planning I am doing as well as any resources you may have if you're doing it as well!

Peace, Love, and Happiness!

Sarah Jane R.



P.S. Follow Me On My Social Media Links At The Top Of The Page :)

* The Capsule Wardrobe Planner used in this series is developed from the planner created by Caroline of Un-Fancy. Check out her blog by clicking on the blog name or for just the organizer, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff