Monday, September 12, 2016

REFLECTION: A WEEK IN CAPSULE WARDROBING (FALL 2016)

No comments:
 

     Hey guys and dolls! So it's been a week since I've posted my actual Fall 2016 Capsule Wardrobe (if you haven't seen the posts, I will link them at the end). I have to say, despite giving myself plenty of options, there's already been a few hiccups in the process. I knew there would be some changes throughout the month, but did not anticipate them happening within the first week! But not all changes were bad, some dare I say for the better. Let's review...

1) It is sooooo bloody hot in Florida right now! I intended on wearing closed-toe shoes to keep with the Fall theme. However, I have had to bust out my lace up gladiator sandals on quite a few occasions. It's just too hot to give up sandals yet, so I am adding these bad boys to my capsule and taking out my leopard print booties for now
Reilli Black Faux Suede Gladiator Sandals-3



2) The bucket bag is a bust. So my beloved Liz Claiborne bucket bag has a hole at the bottom of the bag. Needless to say, I don't know whether I will have it repaired or if I will call it a bust and give it away. The bucket bag is on trend, and having it in black is pretty handy, especially when going to concerts or being at amusement parks. But the bag has exhausted its cost per wear and I think it is just time to say goodbye. If you live in the Tampa Bay area and know of a business that repairs handbags, please let me know!

3) The casual black dress has been replaced. My Cotton On black t-shirt dress had to be replaced. The dress has shrunken over time and is now waaaayyyyy too short for me to wear as just a dress. So, on a recent shopping trip, I purchased this gorgeous black dress with lace inset on the back from Aeropostale. The one in my local mall is closing and having a "everything must go" sale. I purchased the dress for $27.65 as opposed to $39.50. You can still purchase the dress here.
Aeropostale Lace Inset Fit & Flare Dress



4) The burgundy bodysuit? Also replaced. Let me tell you what happened with this bodysuit from Rue21. I ordered it online (mistake number 1) and picked it up in store WITHOUT trying it on, even after the sales associate advised I do so. I went home, tried it on and this is what happened:

My boobs looked bigger than they ever have before, and not in a good way. Also, you can't see it in the picture, but the bottom of my bra is exposed through the keyhole....what a bummer! So, I went to Rue21 and exchanged it for a ribbed, lace-up burgundy bodysuit with short sleeves, similar to the one below, but from their plus size range. Needless to say, a much better fit and look.
Full Tilt Ribbed Lace Up Womens Bodysuit


     Though my first week of capsule wardrobing has been a bit weird, I have to say I am loving how easy it is to get dressed in the morning, as well as how creative I can be with my outfits. I am still hoping to narrow down my closet even more, but it's going to take time. If you're currently on the journey towards minimalism, feel free to share any tips and tricks you have below.

Thanks for reading and I'll catch you later!

Peace, Love, and Happiness!

Sarah Jane R.

P.S. Follow Me On My Social Media Links At The Top Of The Page :)

THE FALL 2016 CAPSULE WARDROBE PROCESS




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff